We’re producing less waste and recycling more, for a healthier environment, a stronger economy and better use of taxpayer dollars.
At GSA, we’re committed to reducing the amount of trash that goes into landfill. To create less waste, we’re recycling and composting more.
Did you know:
- County buildings offer easily accessible recycling and compost bins
- GSA’s Property & Salvage Department is a leader in landfill diversion, ensuring that the County’s surplus items — from plain office paper to motor vehicles — are re-used, recycled or resold
- 8,500 tons of material diverted from landfill since 2010
- 616 tons of material diverted from landfill in 2020 alone
- Over $340,000 of revenue generated in 2020 alone
Our recycling programs make it easy for County employees and building visitors to do our part.
Do Your Part
As an Alameda County resident, you can do your part to keep Alameda County green through reducing, reusing, and recycling.
- Purchase gently used office furniture from the County for pennies on the dollar from the Property & Salvage warehouse
- Consult this online guide for re-use, repair, and recycling in Alameda County
- Find information about home and commercial recycling programs in your city
Small steps make a big difference. Do your part!