Learn what is confidential and what is not in the bidding process.
- Bid responses, in whole or in part, are NOT to be marked confidential or proprietary. County may refuse to consider any bid response or part thereof so marked. Bid responses submitted in response to this RFP/RFQ may be subject to public disclosure. County shall not be liable in any way for disclosure of any such records.
- All information regarding the bid responses will be held as confidential until such time as the County Selection Committee or the General Services Agency has completed its evaluation, an intended award has been made by the County Selection Committee or the General Services Agency, and the contract has been fully negotiated with the intended awardee named in the intent to award/non-award notification(s). The submitted proposals shall be made available upon request no later than five (5) business days before approval of the award and contract is scheduled to be heard by the Board of Supervisors or by the General Services Agency. All parties submitting proposals, either qualified or unqualified, will receive mailed intent to award/non-award notification(s), which will include the name of the bidder to be recommended for award of this project. In addition, award information will be posted on the County’s “Contracting Opportunities” website, mentioned above.
- Unless otherwise specified, the County will not disclose the following information if contained in bid response:
- Social Security Numbers, Federal Tax Identification Numbers, and Employer Identification Numbers;
- Insurance policy numbers and vehicle identification numbers;
- Names of CSC members and/or any information that may be used to identify CSC members;
- Company financials and/or related information; and
- If clearly identified, any contact information that is not used for business purposes.
- The County does not consider the following records exempt from disclosure under the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250, et seq.) or as “trade secrets” protected by the Uniform Trade Secrets Act (Civil Code Section 3426, et seq.).
- Any pricing, including Exhibit A (Bid FORM)
- Key Personnel of the Bidder
- If Bidder deems any record, in whole or in part, exempt from public disclosure, Bidder must use the Exceptions, Clarifications, Amendments section of Exhibit A – Bid Response Packet to list each exemption separately along with legal justification.
- The County reserves the right to make independent decision to disclose records and material.
- This provision is not intended to require the disclosure of records that are exempt from disclosure under the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250, et seq.) or of “trade secrets” protected by the Uniform Trade Secrets Act (Civil Code Section 3426, et seq.).
- Additionally, all bid responses shall become the property of County. County reserves the right to make use of any information or ideas contained in submitted bid responses.
For Additional Assistance
For questions, contact:
GSA Procurement & Support Services
Phone: (510) 208-9700