Learn about the HR programs available to you.
Our HR programs align with the Agency’s strategic plan, values, and initiatives. They are administered in accordance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations, and Countywide policies and procedures.
Classification and Compensation
- Analyzes the Agency’s classifications and organizational structure
- Makes recommendations to meet operational needs and maximize resources
- Conducts salary surveys and gathers pertinent data to maintain fair and equitable salaries
- Maintains a tracking system to ensure the Agency is in compliance with required licenses, certifications, trainings, and other related requirements including, but not limited to:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandated safety training
- Respirator Medical Evaluation and Fit Testing
- Lead Baseline Medical Evaluation
- Tuberculosis (TB) and Flu Vaccinations
- Administers disability leaves in accordance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and statutes (e.g., Family and Medical Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, Workers’ Compensation, Temporary Modified Work, and Reasonable Accommodations)
Employee & Labor Relations
- Maintains collaborative relationships between management, employees, and union organizations by providing consultation on:
- Contract and policy interpretation
- Employment laws, rules, and regulations
- Conflict resolution
- And represents the Agency in:
- Contract negotiations
- Civil Service Commission meetings
Recognition & Rewards
We think it’s nice to say, “Thank you.” When you’ve done your best, we want to recognize and reward you for your outstanding attitude, performance and contributions to GSA.
Our recognition and rewards programs include:
Employee of the Month
Did you know that anyone can nominate a staff member for outstanding performance and achievements?
- Each month, we recognize one employee each from:
- Administration, Capital Programs, Human Resources and Logistics Services
- Building Maintenance Department
- Janitorial Services (due to the size of the unit)
Employees of the month are recognized in our departmental “Wall of Fame,” online and in our newsletter, and receive a certificate and a special coin and are entered into a raffle for a gift card on a quarterly basis.
The STAR Awards recognize teams who outshine expectations, with successes that promote the mission and values of GSA.
A-La-Carte Recognition Menu
Little things mean a lot. That’s why we’ve developed a menu of free and low-cost ways to say thank you to folks who are making things better, every day. Whether it’s a thank you card or a “Thanks a Latte,” there are so many ways to let someone know their work matters.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and maintains a performance management system that:
- Supports GSA’s mission, vision, goals, and initiatives, and motivates
- Guides employees toward greater self-development and improved performance
Recruitment & Retention
- Oversees the recruitment of qualified candidates, and retention of top talent in our workforce, through a proactive strategic and collaborative approach
Training & Development
- Develops, implements, and maintains a Training and Development Program that:
- Helps employees at all levels of the organization achieve their full potential
- Establish a workplace culture of continuous development and improvement
- Manages and coordinates Succession Planning to increase leadership and key position continuity
- Promotes and fosters a diverse and respectful workforce through:
- Recruitment strategies and related programs
- Conducts fact-finding investigations in response to complaints and prepares findings and recommendations